Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sugpo Saturday Experiment



I was able to get my hands on some fresh prawns last Saturday.

I dealt with them using a recipe I edited in my head on my way home. Jeep rides are good for this kind of mental activity.


1. Behead! Shell! Aaand Devein! cut a slit along the back, pick out the black vein thingmajig with a toothpick. Arrange in a shallow container, splash in some vodka, add pepper, smashed garlic cloves and pop in the ref while you

2. chop fistfuls of basil, parsley, cilantro (i imagine other green things would work here just as well, like dill or rosemary...), some garlic and slice some hot peppers (i used one green finger sili and two red birdseye..ahem, labuyo). I don't remember if I added some slivers of onion. mm.

3. Cut two sexy red tomatoes into rounds and arrange them in a deep-ish baking sheet. Put in the oven and turn on the broiler. You want to get them all wrinkly and juicy.

4. Melt lots of butter in a pan, add the garlic and stir around until they start getting a bit brown. pop in the shrimp heads and press 'em down. Fish them out after a while then add the herbs, turn off the heat. Mix.

5. Drain the prawns, reserving a bit of the vodka. Add this to the green sauce and toss lightly.

5. Arrange the lot over the lovely wrinkled tomatoes, shower with pepper and spinkle with a bit of salt then broil for a minute or two on each side. Don't overcook, duck, stringy seafood is the worst.

Serve as soon as possible, with slivers of lemon mixed throughout.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: